- This section is meant to help global citizens to learn about global peace issues and take action.
- The Slide Presentations on diverse global peace issues are aimed at students of middle school age and up.
- Each Slide Presentation is designed to be covered in 60 minutes. The contents are based on recent statistical information from the United Nations and other international organizations.
- After the teacher gives the Slide Presentation referencing the teacher’s guide, the students can complete the worksheets to review and reflect on the lesson and present their own ideas on solving the issue dealt with in the lesson.
- The Slide Presentations are available in seven languages (Korean, Chinese, Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Arabic).
Quality Education for All
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce the realities of education in different parts of the world and the reasons why children in lower-income countries are not given equal opportunity to education. Students will be guided to think about possible solutions to increase the overall quality of education worldwide.
Resolving All Forms of Inequality
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce the concept of ‘inequality’ and study how it affects society and its underlying cause. Students will be guided to think about different ways to reduce inequality.
Achieving Gender Equality
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce the concept of “gender equality,” the various efforts to pursue gender equality and how gender inequality is observed around the world. Students are guided to think about different ways to promote gender equality in society.
Sustainable Consumption and Production
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce the problem of “cycle of waste (mass production, consumption, discarding)” and study the concept and examples of sustainable consumption and production. Students are guided to think about different ways to end the cycle of waste and practice sustainable consumption and production.
Fostering Global Citizenship
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept of
global citizenship and its significance, as well as the issues that global citizens
should take interest in to help them cultivate global citizenship.
The Fight Against Climate Change
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the phenomenon of climate
change and its causes and dangers and to think about possible solutions.
Living Together with Refugees
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept of refugee,
how people become refugees and the seriousness of the refugee crisis,
as well as thinking about possible solutions.
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept
of female genital mutilation (FGM), its prevalence and the various
efforts to eradicate it, while also helping them to recognize
it as a problem and be able to act in support of its eradication.
Zero HungerStrengthening Food Security
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept of food security,
its current situation and the efforts being made to solve the food crisis,
while encouraging them to think about ways they can participate in the efforts.
The purpose of this lesson is to inform the students about the
status of marine pollution and depletion of marine resources,
introduce efforts for a sustainable marine environment,
and encourage students to think about various ways they can help.
Right to be Cured
The purpose of this lesson is to raise the students’ awareness
about global health inequalities, introduce the efforts being made to
improve everyone’s right to medical treatment, and have them explore
ways to reduce health inequalities.